I’m away from home for an entire week and unfortunately I don’t have much time to work on anything new when it comes to growing traffic to this website. I’ve researched this topic extensively over the past couple of months and I realize there’s still plenty for me to learn. In my many searches on the subject of adding substantial website traffic, I’ve also found a whole bunch of ideas that sound just plain bad to me. Here’s a simple list of the stuff I won’t be doing to promote this site. Some of this stuff might work for you, but it just won’t work for me.
- Have a custom t-shirt made up with my url
- Offer to give speeches about your subject matter (legitimate, but not for me)
- Use social networking solely for targeting new contacts
- Make a shamefully promotional screensaver with my url
- Teach a class at a local university (again legitimate, but not for me)
- Shamelessly spread something controversial
- Order business cards and letterhead with my url (not for this type of site)
- Using FFA link sites
- Stuffing keywords into posts
- Mass comment spamming
- Twitter automation
- Forum and email spamming
I’m sure I could go on if I wasn’t so tired. Anyone have any other bad ideas for promoting a website?